Requirements Investor Visa and Residence Permit through Property Investment – Spain
If you have made a significant investment in Spain as a migrant investor, you can take advantage of the Spanish migration scheme for investors.
1. Minimum investments requirements
Real estate asset of at least €500,000 (equity)
2. Who has to apply for the visa or residence permit?
The investor or his/her legal representative must apply for the visa or residence permit via the application form.
3. What kind of visa or residence permit the investor will be granted?
- An investor visa, if you are outside of Spain when the application is submitted
- A residence permit, if you are currently in Spain when submitting the application
4. Where can I apply for it?
Visa applications must be made at the Spanish Consulate in the country of origin or residence. Residence permit applications must be made at the Large Business and Strategies Groups Unit (Unidad de Grandes Empresas y Colectivos Estratégicos (UGE-CE)).
5. What documents do I need to submit with the application?
- Health insurance documents issued by a company operating in Spain
- Background checks
- Proof of sufficient resources
- Documents providing proof of the investment, such as certificate of property registration and real estate purchase deeds.
6. If the investment is made by a legal person (company), can I apply for the visa or residence permit?
Yes, if it is not made in jurisdictions considered tax havens and you have a majority share. You should also submit also a favorable report about the legal person from the DGCOMINVER.
7. Can the foreign agent who manages the business project take advantage of this migration scheme?
Yes. He/she should also submit a favorable report from the DGCOMINVER.
8. How long does the permit last?
- Visa: 1 year
- Residence permit: 2 years
- Renewal of the residence permit: 5 years. Renewal does not require effective residence in Spain.
9. Can family members join or accompany the investor?
Yes. Family members who accompany or join the investor may apply jointly and simultaneously or successively for their residence permit and, where appropriate, for their visa.
Family members are:
- The spouse or unmarried couple
- Children who are minors or those of legal age being financially dependent on the holder
- Dependent parents
10. What other benefits are there?
- With the visa and residence permit, you may live and work anywhere in Spain, including relatives if they meet the expected age labor regulations.
- Streamlined processing:
- Visa decisions are made and notified within 10 working days
- Residence permit decisions are made within 20 working days
The application for residence permits and renewals extend the validity of the stay or residence status of the applicant until the procedure is terminated.